Wednesday 31 August 2011

It's art ... just not necessarily 'Fine Art'.

Right, seeing that this blog advertises on the premise of my being a mad, lost artist I thought I was about time I substantiate the claim.

Mad -Oh yes, I even have the pills to prove it ;)
Lost - Yup, more and more as I venture out my flat to explore Cape Town ... especially with the crazy curly off ramps.
Artist - I attend a once weekly life drawing class... that counts right? No? Well then I'm posting my latest creation below:

Two of the soon to be four decorative paper cuttings for my door.

What is it you ask? Why it is a decorative paper cutting for the two upper panels of my glass front door. It might not quite be the likes of the next Rembrandt ... but it is a Brandt original :) I'm working on the lower two panels that are about double in length. At the moment I believe there will be teacups, proteas, mice, cats and owls (just for the fun of it). We will however not be putting a limit on what the brain conjures up.

In other news : 
Johno and I saw a pod of WHALES on our way to a dinner date with our cousin, Jill, in Fish Hoek on Friday. We believe there were about 3 or 4 humpbacks splashing about and generally having a whale of a time (the crowd shakes it's collective head at the bad pun)! The dinner by the way was delicious ... ironically my cousin lives in a tiny turn of the century whaler's cottage. We were so thrilled at seeing whales that we dragged Johno's mate, Sean, to Kalk Bay on Sunday and we not only saw MORE whales, but also a few Cape Fur Seals (close up). Later there was also a delightful encounter with a Bloody Mary and a very comfy couch ... but I shall leave that for the next post where I will put up a few of the talented hubbies photies, and some dubious photies of me relaxing on said couch.

I am also now the proud part owner of a company ... more details to follow, but the hubby has been very busy working on the net.

2 comments: