Thursday 25 August 2011

Mom's famous (or infamous if you are dieting) chocolate crunchies!

On the grounds that I spent two days playing around with some design I thought I'd post my creation on my blog for all to see. As an added bonus the recipe card has my mom's famous chocolate crunchie recipe (click on the image to see it larger). For those who have tried them - here is the secret. For those that haven't ... all us converts urge you to give them a bash - once you have tried them, you'll never look back.

This is an old family favourite and, in mentioning family, I must admit that the idea for this post was shamelessly plagiarised off my sister's blog (A South African in New York - go visit, she always cracks me up and has some cool stuff). I also rather like my brother-in-law's description of the crunchies "like chocolate brownies on crack"! As kids Kate and I both loved it when my mom made these for us and quite often they would fly out of the old battered cake tin ... much like they have done recently when I baked them this weekend.

For those of you that know both of us (Kate, dearest younger sister, and myself) - stay tuned to Kate's blog - she has something really cool up her sleeve for her next post.


Picture from A South African In New York

Well, adieu, until the next post (probably also to be typed at around 1am). In the words of one of my students today (who showed great ingenuity in a simile exercise I gave them in class) - stay as cheerful as a UV light!

P.S - I have the featured recipe card above as a blank recipe card ... would anyone be interested in me sticking up here as a free printable PDF ?

No comments:

Post a Comment