Wednesday 3 August 2011

Babies and T-shirts and billtong eating cats.

Right, you know you have been infected affected by the nerd virus when you start picturing your husband wearing these:

Find it here

Find it here

Find it here

The following were taken from cotygonzales's awesome T-shirt blog (he has plenty more cool T's on his site).


And in other news:
Yesterday the amazingly talented Tracey Brandt managed to single handedly look after a toddler and a 3 month child. The situation teetered on the verge of disaster when the baby woke up crying, but Tracey handled it seamlessly by initiating a 3 point tactical manoeuvre ... change diaper, feed and burp (the crowd roars in the background). In case you are wondering, this is the first time I have looked after such young children (and held one for more than a few minutes) by myself. I thought I did pretty well, no one got dropped or misplaced!


Other highlights of the week include: 
  • The discovery that Woof, our cat, enjoys billtong (jerky type meat) almost as much as we do; 
  • No students falling asleep in my tutorial; 
  • Killing my car battery (yup... no amount of jumper cables could help) - so getting lots of fresh air and exercise;
  • The prospect of Linda coming to stay tomorrow :D YEY :D ;
  • Some random bomelaar (hobo) stealing the drainpipe outside;
  • And the police visiting our block of flats ... again (not related to the above drainpipe incident but instead due to our dodgy neighbours).

For all those foodies out there... I have recently joined the Observatory public library and found the coolest cookbook: The Masala Cookbook by Parvarti Narshi and Ben Williams. Look out India, Tracey is about to take on the art of curry making and sweetmeat... hmmmm sweetmeats. I developed a taste for sweetmeats when I was much younger thanks to shameless indulgence over Diwali , mainly due to my friend Nevadna Sing arriving at school with boxes of the stuff! :) I'm just DYING to make burfi and goolaab jamboo - hom nom nom

 
Picture Courtesy of the Sunday Metro








No comments:

Post a Comment